How to Communicate Effectively with Someone Who Has Hearing Loss
Hearing loss can affect a person’s self image, relationships and ability to communicate. A person with hearing loss may feel isolated and upset. Family and friends may find communication frustrating, too.
This program teaches effective techniques that make communication easier for everyone, both inside and outside the home.
Winner of National Mature Media Awards, Bronze Award!
The topics covered include:
- Importance of communication
- The causes of hearing loss
- Symptoms of sensorineural hearing loss
- Audiologist evaluation
- Effective communication techniques
- Communication techniques outside the home
- Hearing aids
- Assistive listening devices and resources
The program comes with:
- 28 minute DVD
- Course outline
- Learning objectives
- Key points and definitions
- Test and answer key