Elder Abuse Training Program
The Elder Abuse Training Program is a 2-hour course that teaches home care professionals and primary caregivers about the complexities of elder abuse and neglect in the home setting.
Students learn through an interactive process that includes a variety of participatory exercises. This is an easy-to-implement training program that addresses an important national concern.
Program materials include:
- Curriculum with step-by-step instructor guidelines
- 29-minute DVD
- A variety of support and resource materials
- Testing option
- Certificate of completion
- Definition of elder abuse and neglect
- The different types of abuse
- The signs and symptoms of abuse and neglect
- Contributing factors that lead to elder abuse
- Elder Abuse prevention
- How to report suspected abuse
- The role of Adult Protective Services