Infection Control & Bloodborne Pathogens DVD
Caregiving Series Volume 3
Understanding and implementing infection control principles is essential to providing safe home care. Infections can be life-threatening and when people are ill or weak, there is an even greater need to protect them against germs.
This program teaches home care professionals and primary caregivers what causes infection, how germs are spread, how to protect themselves from germs and how to maintain healthy home care conditions.
• Germs and how they are spread
• The importance of hand hygiene
• Using Personal Protective Equipment
• Bloodborne pathogens
• Disposal of hazardous wastes
• Personal hygiene
• Housecleaning and laundry procedures
• Signs and symptoms of an infection
Program meets current OSHA and CDC guidelines for infection control and bloodborne pathogens.
Total Course Time: 60 minutes (includes 26 minute DVD, support materials, review and testing)
What people are saying...