How to Manage Medications DVD (Developed for Primary & Family Caregivers)
Caregiving Series Volume 4
Safe medication use plays an important part in providing good home care. Older adults are at greater risk for medication problems and errors because of the number of drugs they take daily.
This program teaches primary and family caregivers safe practices for administering and storing various types of medications.
• Drugs and the elderly
• How aging changes the way our bodies handle drugs
• How to recognize when to manage someone's medications
• Different ways to administer medicine
• Products for dispensing medications
• Side effects and adverse reactions
• Storing medications
• Use of over-the-counter drugs
• How to prevent medication errors
Program comes with support materials, which include outline, learning objectives, key points and definitions, test and answer key.
Total Course Time: 60 minutes (includes 27 minute DVD, support materials, review and testing)
What people are saying...