How to Communicate Effectively with Someone Who Has Hearing Loss DVD
Communication Series Volume 1
Hearing loss is one of the most common conditions affecting older adults. About 30% of people over 65 have hearing loss, which can affect self-image, relationships and communication.
This program teaches about hearing loss and presents communication that can help improve quality of care and reduce frustration for the patient/client and care provider.
• Importance of communication
• The causes of hearing loss
• Symptoms of sensorineural hearing loss
• Audiologist evaluation
• Effective communication techniques
• Communication techniques outside the home
• Hearing aids
• Assistive listening devices
Program comes with support materials, which include outline, learning objectives, key points and definitions, test and answer key.
Total Course Time: 60 minutes (includes 28 minute DVD, support materials, review and testing)
Winner, National Mature Media Awards, Bronze Award
What people are saying...